Policy Version Date: February 26, 2019
We recommend that you read this Policy in full to ensure you are fully informed. However, if you only want to access a particular section of this Policy, you can click on the relevant link below to jump to that section.
- Information We Collect
- Use of Information
- Information We Share
- Third Party Sites
- Visitors’ Choices and Opt-Outs
- Visitor’s California Privacy Rights
- Retention of Visitors’ Personal Information
- Making Changes to Visitor’s Personal Information
- Data Protection
- Updates to This Policy
- How to Contact Us
1. Information We Collect
Information Visitors Provide to Us on the Website:
Visitors may give Us personal information through Our Website, for example, when Visitors make inquiries about Our services, contact Us for support, obtain a quote or consultation, or to schedule a vehicle inspection.
We may ask Visitors to provide specific information set out in an online inquiry form, including, for example: name, mailing address, email, phone number, vehicle identification number, vehicle registration information, vehicle license plate number, vehicle make and model, and vehicle mileage.
We collect information concerning the condition of your vehicle during our online video inspection. Live online video inspections are not recorded or stored. If a Visitor chooses to send a pre-recorded video of their vehicle inspection, that video is stored.
Additionally, Visitors may choose to provide additional information, such as driver’s license number or other identification when Visitors communicate with Us or otherwise interact with Us, and We may keep copies of any such communications that Visitors send to Us for Our records.
Information We Collect Automatically through the Website and Services:
We may also collect certain information through Our Website and Services by automated means such as IP addresses, browser type and operating system, referring URLs, information about Visitors visit including the URL clickstream to, through and from Our Website, download errors, number of Website visits, and other page interactions. We collect this information automatically through the use of various commonly used information-gathering technologies including cookies and web beacons, to collect information as users and Visitors navigate the Website and use the Services.
Our Website also uses Google Analytics, including cookies, to understand how visitors interact with Our Website. For more information on how Google Analytics collects and protects your data, please visit Google’s website at: www.support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en.
Our Website does not respond to “Do Not Track” (DNT) signals. Some web browsers incorporate a DNT feature that signals to websites that you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked.
2. Use of Information
We may use the information We collect through Our Website for a number of reasons including to:
- Provide, operate, optimize and maintain the Website;
- Deal with Visitors’ online inquiries and requests, and to provide Visitors with information and access to resources or services that Visitors have requested from Us;
- Process transactions and to set up online accounts;
- Fill out and finalize inspections forms or documents requested through service;
- Compile aggregated statistics about Website usage and to better understand the preferences of Our Site Visitors;
- Carry out research and development to improve Our products and Services;
- Send information to Visitors for marketing purposes;
- To initiate an account for a related service from a third party, such as our rideshare affiliates; and
- Carry out other legitimate business purposes, as well as other lawful purposes about which We will notify Our users, Visitors, and Customers.
3. Information We Share
We may share and disclose Visitors’ personal information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- To RideShare Mechanic’s contractors and affiliates to complete requested inspection.
- To RideShare Mechanic’s contractors and affiliates for marketing purposes.
- To vendors and other third-party service providers who require access to Visitors’ personal information to assist in the provision of the Website, Our products and Services, and other business-related functions such as website analytics providers. These vendors and third-party service providers are limited to only accessing or using this data to provide services to Us or comply with legal requirements and must provide reasonable assurances they will appropriately safeguard the data.
- We may also disclose Visitors’ information to third-parties: (a) where required by law or regulatory requirement, court order or other judicial authorization; (b) in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including for the purposes of meeting national security and law enforcement requirements; (c) in connection with the sale, transfer, merger, bankruptcy, restructuring or other reorganization of a business; (d) to protect or defend Our rights, interests or property, or that of third parties; (e) to investigate any wrongdoing in connection with the Website or Our Services; or (f) to protect the vital interests of an individual.
4. Third Party Sites
We may provide comments, reviews, or blogs from Visitors on Our Website that were submitted on third party websites. Any personal information that Visitors choose to submit in the comments, reviews, or blogs of such third party websites may be read, collected, or used by others who visit Our Website, and may be used to send Visitors unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personal information Visitors choose to submit in the forums provided by third party websites.
5. Visitors’ Choices and Opt-Outs
Visitors can opt-out of receiving marketing emails from Us at any time by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of Our marketing messages, by responding “STOP” in the case of SMS messages, or by emailing Us at email@example.com. There may be some delay in processing opt-out requests and during that time Visitors may continue to receive correspondence from Us.
Some of Our communications (such as service and scheduling messages, billing receipts, and other account notifications) are necessary for processing transactions and keeping Visitors informed on the status of their inspection, and Visitors cannot opt-out of such communications.
Our Website is not directed or intended for use by children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly solicit or collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that a Visitor of the Website is under the age of 13, we will promptly delete any personal information that the Visitor has provided Us.
7. Visitor’s California Privacy Rights
California law provides that California residents have a right to request certain information from businesses about how their personally identifiable information has been shared with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes.
If you are a California resident, you may submit a request for this information by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Request for California Privacy Information” in the message subject. We will send the response to the email used for your request. Please be aware that not all information We share is required in the response by California law.
8. Retention of Visitors’ Personal Information
We will retain Visitors’ personal information for the period of time necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Policy unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law, for legal, tax or regulatory reasons, or other lawful purposes.
9. Making Changes to Visitor’s Personal Information
If a Visitor would like to update or correct their personal information, they can send a request for correction with the subject header “Information Correction” to email@example.com.
We maintain appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide on our Site against accidental unlawful, or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure, or use. You understand that other personal information (but not payment card information) may be transferred unencrypted and involve (i) transmissions over various networks and (ii) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. However, We will use commercially reasonable efforts, like secure socket layer (SSL), to encrypt information such as your login credentials during transmission.
Please note that no electronic transmission of information can be entirely secure. We cannot guarantee that the security measures we have in place to safeguard personal information will never be defeated or fail, or that those measures will always be sufficient or effective.
11. Updates to This Policy
We reserve the right to change or update this Policy from time to time. If We make material changes to the Policy, we will notify Visitors via email and/or a prominent notice on our Website highlighting such changes, and you will be given an opportunity to opt out of any new or different uses of your personal information. The Policy on Our Website will indicate when it was most recently updated. Visitors are encouraged to regularly check our Website and Policy to stay up to date on how We collect and process personal information.
12. How to Contact Us
If Visitors have any questions or concerns regarding the use or disclosure of Visitors’ personal information, Visitors can contact: Us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.